Object Matrix is a Wales, UK-based software company. Its acclaimed product MatrixStore has been used in production since 2006 by broadcast and creative agency customers. It’s team of storage industry experts has a shared vision for high levels of data security combined with intuitive user interfaces.
MatrixStore is an object based, plug and play, storage appliance that allows users to keep their digital information online and protected with minimal administrative effort. Taking advantage of commodity storage hardware it provides a secure, scalable online repository for your digital assets.
MatrixStore software is not tied to proprietary hardware; it utilizes high quality, off-the-shelf disk-based storage hardware. MatrixStore server nodes are run on open hardware running Linux and therefore can support hardware platforms that are supported by the Linux operating system. MatrixStore does not change your data in anyway. Data protect in a MatrixStore cluster is bit for bit the same as it was on the client.
- Metadata Protection: Protects metadata and the essence allowing content to be found in an instant.
- Process in Place (PiP): Uses the power of the cluster to automatically extract and enrich metadata. (See AS11 Examples)
- Scalable: Scales in capacity and performancewith minimal effort.
- High Availability: Highly resilient, redundant architecture.
- Free Client Tools: DropSpot, MXFS and move2
- Enforces Business Rules: Policies enforce that the data cannot be deleted before its time. Not even with administrator access.
- Open API: Java and C API for full integration into existing applications in the workflow.
- Future Proof: Future proofing via software virtualisation. No dependency on a hardware platform.
- Multiple Tenancy: Distinct storage vaults allowing different departments to share the same storage infrastructure.
- Performance: Time to first byte in milliseconds. Performance scales as the cluster grows.
- Authenticity: A digest calculated when the data is stored acts as a guarantee that the data is bitwise exactly the same when it is read back as when it was originally stored.
|Customer Views MatrixStore Data Sheet
Compliance and Regulated Industries Object Matrix Client Tools (DropSpot, MXFS etc)
|Product||MatrixStore Enterprise||MatrixStore Quattro|
|Capacity||15TB to Petabytes||24TB to 128TB|
|Node Capacity (TB)||12, 24, 36, 48, 96, 144||24, 32|
|Minimum Configuration||3 MatrixStore Nodes *||1 MatrixStore Quattro Unit|
|Number of Copies||Single, Dual (local and remote)||Single, Dual (local and remote)|
|Node Dimensions||2u, 4u||H:88mm W:438mm D:724mm (2u)|
|Node Power||Dual (Redundant)||Dual (Redundant)|
|Node Connectivity||Dual GigE/10GigE||Dual GigE|
|Data Sheet||MatrixStore Enterprise Data Sheet||MatrixStore Quattro Data Sheet|
The enterprise configuration is rack mounted, scales to Petabytes and provides the highest levels of performance and resilience. It is perfectly suited for the pre-production, nearline and archive workflows. Connectivity now available in GigE or 10GigE providing speed as well as strength.MatrixStore Quattro
MatrixStore Quattro has been designed predominantly for outside broadcast workflows and smaller post production facilities. It provides a highly resilient nearline platform that is extremely cost effective and comes in a very compact form factor. Starting at 24 terabytes of storage the Quattro takes up just 2u in a standard 19 inch rack, adding more capacity is a simple plug and play operation. Each MatrixStore Quattro node has SSD (Solid State Drive) metadata controllers. It provides the option to convert one of the four nodes to a client PC or to be a server that is able to combine, in the same rack mounted 2u chassis, resilient storage and applications. Up to four Quattro chassis can be combined to scale to 128TB of nearline storage.Object Matrix hub
The Object Matrix hub is a powerful gateway server platform enabling access to MatrixStore vaults as a standard network share. The Linux based platform provides access to MatrixStore vaults using a SAMBA interface that does not require the installation of software on client machines.
Data Sheet: Object Matrix hub